Abusive or harmful behaviour by facilitators in sex-positive communities
tags : guidelines conflict resolution
- Creating Invitations for people to speak up and say what they need – At the Event and also after the Event – Consent report form example
- Learn how to receive feedback as facilitators and having processes where that is encouraged
- Difference between ‘accidental abuse’ which happens without that intention and as a one-off event and on purpose abuse
- Everyone is a potential abuser and everyone is a potential survivor
- Complaints procedure that doesn’t involve you
- We need a system of accountability in place
- Does your community have your back when you call someone out?
- Action: What are the markers for manipulative facilitator behavior? How can we identify it? We will compile a checklist of behaviors.
- Abuse scale – it’s not a binary issue with degrees of impact and severity.
- Self-responsibility as a way of creating a safeR space: what are the boundaries between care and self-responsibility?